The Cycling Australia Athletes Commission exists to advise the Board of CA on matters of importance to cyclists.
Commission members are committed to providing a voice for the concerns of all Australian cyclists, whether at club level or elite competitor and contribute their time on a voluntary basis.
Commission key facts and role:
The commission's role is to:
- act as a consultative forum and provide recommendation to the Board on issues directly relating to the athletes
- foster an athletes code of conduct that will ensure Australian cyclists are regarded as role models for all Australian athletes (implemented 1 Jan 2002)
- provide an effective forum for cyclists to voice issues, concerns and grievances in relation to their cycling careers
- discourage and prevent practices or activities likely to be detrimental to cycling or to the interests of cyclists
- foster good fellowship among cyclists and advance the mutual interests of cyclists at all levels of competition
The Commission's efforts have focused on using electronic communication to reach as many members as possible throughout Australia.
Contact the Athletes Commission:
E-mail the Commission at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cycling Australia on 02 9339 5800
The 2013 Commission members are:
Lisa Jacobs (Chair)